Our Vision (2021 - 2026)
- The Oaktree aspires to become a successful oversubscribed academy, providing outstanding learning for 2 – 7 year olds.
- Our safe and secure environment will support and nurture each child’s needs, promote wellbeing, health and care for themselves and others.
- Our outstanding teaching and monitoring will ensure all pupils make rapid progress and school averages will be above the national.
- Our values-based curriculum will provide broad and rich experiences and opportunities that develop pupils’ skills, whilst motivating, challenging and inspiring pupils to prepare them for 21st century living.
- The school’s community will work in collaboration providing opportunities for all to learn together.
Our Mission Statement
The Oaktree School provides all children in the community with a quality education, supporting families to prepare their child for success in our ever-changing world. Our nurturing safe environment and stimulating curriculum harnesses each child’s unique skills through a range of opportunities whilst embedding a love to learn.
The Oaktree Way – ‘To care for everyone and everything’
We follow the Oaktree Way through:
- ensuring a smooth transition from home to school and from year to year;
- developing strong home, school and community partnerships;
- ensuring all children develop towards their full potential spiritually, physically, emotionally and intellectually by offering a creative curriculum that is broad and balanced;
- encouraging independence and creativity by providing a secure, happy, stimulating learning environment;
- fostering positive values such as co-operation, friendship, self-discipline, good manners and self belief;
- developing an independent thirst for life long learning;
- preparing children for their role as future citizens in a global community by teaching them to care for themselves and the environment.