We aim to -
- teach children to cooperate and collaborate, understanding fairness and equity of play to embed life-long values.
- to develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities necessary for mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing in our children now and for their future, teaching children that physical fitness is an important part of leading a healthier lifestyle.
- teach self-discipline and that to be successful takes hard work, resilience and determination to believe that anything can be achieved.#
- differentiate for all learners and ensure that all children are able to achieve. This could be through the equipment or resources used, through visual aids or use of language.
- Our PE programme incorporates a variety of sports to ensure all children develop the confidence, tolerance and the appreciation of their own and others’ strengths and weaknesses.
- During Autumn and Spring, each class will partake in two PE lessons, an inside PE lesson where gymnastics and dance are explored and an outside lesson where ball games, multi-skills and athletics are discovered. In the Summer terms, each class has the opportunity to take both their lessons outside if they choose.
- Every class will participate in 30 extra minutes of exercise everyday through active breaks and outdoor learning where children are encouraged to use their fine and gross motor skills.