1. This consultation seeks your views on our Relationship Sex Education (RSE) Policy, which will apply across The Oaktree School from September 2020, in line with requirements from the Department for Education (DfE).
2. In June 2019, the DfE published “Relationships education, relationships and sex education (RSE) and health education” (June 2019). This guidance:
3. These and other topics are covered in our RSE Policy and RSE Curriculum. The new requirements formalise expectations but it does not make significant changes to what we teach our children. The topics required by the DfE were already taught as part of our Life Skills curriculum, and in other subjects.
4. We’ve worked hard to make sure that our new curriculum reflects:
5. This consultation will open on Friday 11th September and has been published on the school website. Parents and carers have been invited to submit responses to the consultation questions via a Monkey Survey.
7. The deadline for responses is Friday 18th September.
8. We will consider responses to the consultation so that our RSE Policy can be published at the start of Autumn 2 Term.